Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  my new baby,midas?

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote

like the other pic of a midas i have posted i got this one from the same place. o, and you can see my new albino oscar in both pics
ray
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 Nov 2006 Posts: 18
I feel free to fix your posting! You can insert a picture that way [img]yourpicture[/img]

http://www.flower-horn.de/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=169

Nice little midas, by the way Smile

Feel free to join this forum!
Ozzy
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
Nice colors on that midas. I also like your oscar. I really would like to see adult pictures of your fish when the grow. What tank are they in?
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
A 55 GALLON FOR NOW
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quote
That fish is perfect. Exactly what I'm looking for. I just have a few questions.

1. Where did you get it?
2. Are you sure that is a Midas (at that size) and not a labiatum or a hybrid of both?

Either way, beautiful fish man! I hope to find one just like that. Cool
Ozzy
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
It looks like a Midas to me. But I dont know if its a hybrid or not Confused

(If both of you register it will be easier to get in touch Wink )
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quote
I know I'm going to register, I've just been procrastinating! Embarassed

I've checked so many tropical fish/Aquarium retailers last week and none of them had specimens as nice as this guy's fish. Anyhow, I recently bought a fish from Jeff Rapps and he's a nice Male Peach colored midas, only problem is, he won't touch frozen food. Dunno if I wan't to keep him or not. All I can say for certain is that If I saw baby Devils/Midas's that looked as beautiful as that fish, I would probably trade in Jeff's fish in a heartbeat, even at the loss I spent for shipping.

I'd post a picture but last time I did, It didn't work. I don't think I got the code right or something. Could someone run me through it again? How to post a pic? Sorry I know it's been asked and told 1000 times already.
shawnb269
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 17
IM ALREADY REGISTERED SHAWNB269, N-E-WAYS I GOT THIS MIDAS AND THE OTHER ONE I HAVE POSTED ON HERE BOTH AT PETSMART,THEY ARE THE ONLY PLACE HERE IN SAN ANTONIO,TX THAT I HAVE FOUND SO FAR THAT SELLS MIDAS ALL THE PRIVATE OWNED TELL ME THAT THE MIDAS IS TO AGGRESSIVE TO CARRY THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE HAPPY WHEN THEY FIND OUT HOW AGGRESSIVE THEY ARE, I PERSONALLY THINK THEY ARE AMAZING.AND I ACTUALLY WASN'T PLANNING ON GETTING ANOTHER AT THIS TIME BUT THE COLORING OF THIS YOUNGSTER WAS AMAZING I COULDN'T PASS ON IT.CURRENTLY IN MY 55 GALLON I HAVE 2 MIDAS,1 ALBINO OSCAR, AND 3 BLACK CONVICTS AND A 8 IN PLECO AND FOR THE MOST PART ALL IS WELL "FOR NOW" BUT MY OLDER MIDAS ABOUT A 5 IN. IS ALWAYS PROVING HE/SHE IS BOSS OVER ALL
shawnb269
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 17
Ozzy
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
I know I'm going to register, I've just been procrastinating! Embarassed

I've checked so many tropical fish/Aquarium retailers last week and none of them had specimens as nice as this guy's fish. Anyhow, I recently bought a fish from Jeff Rapps and he's a nice Male Peach colored midas, only problem is, he won't touch frozen food. Dunno if I wan't to keep him or not. All I can say for certain is that If I saw baby Devils/Midas's that looked as beautiful as that fish, I would probably trade in Jeff's fish in a heartbeat, even at the loss I spent for shipping.

I'd post a picture but last time I did, It didn't work. I don't think I got the code right or something. Could someone run me through it again? How to post a pic? Sorry I know it's been asked and told 1000 times already.
Thank you Very Happy

I bet the Midas you got from Jeff Rapps will end up eating frozen food. If I were you I would keep him. Remember that a healthy fish wont starve itself, if you dont feed him what you have been feeding him for a couple of days and try out the frozen food, someday it will eat it Very Happy

As for the pictures if you want you can post the links for the image and I can fix them for you and then tell you what is wrong. Or you can email them to me at

Code:
murdock.73 @ gmail.com

(no spaces)
Midas
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote
hi shawnb269,

i like you red midas very much! That is what I call a great midas color. Razz
midas or red devil are very aggressiv. I bought very small midas babys, and they begin to fight!

can you post other picture of your red midas?
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
Hey,

I was the other "Guest" poster in this thread who mentioned that I was procrastinating. Well, I finally made the time to register!
Ozzy
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:51 am Reply with quote
You made 12 posts before registering Laughing

Good to see you around Very Happy
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
Thanks, I'm glad I made some time to do it. Smile I'm sure there's alot to learn from being here. After all, Red Devil's are my favorite fish.
Toerag
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 65 Location: North Alabama
Very nice red.....love the coloration...my large ones are colored like this specimen...know you're going to like him..