Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  jag & midas?

Toerag
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 65 Location: North Alabama
Hi ya "Daint"...I just reread my post above and it sounds as though I'm bragging....LOL...and, I didn't mean to come off that way....I've been fortunate for sure....and, I didn't mean to imply "I've never" lost a fish to disease or other things over my entire 35 years...LOL....but, haven't in the last several years. "over populating" works almost all the time if you have a large tank and alot of filtration and limit the desirable territories....in all honesty, my Tetracanthus and female Dovii in this 250 gallon tank pretty much rule...the Dovii stays on one side, the Tetracanthus on the other....and they do a pretty good job of keeping their little area...even against the much larger Reds and the huge butter....The butter will go harass but he does get run off.....other than that, there's little or no hard core fighting in this tank...thank God....as soon as my little umbies and red faced barred Midas get a litte more size on them, I'm moving them and putting the female Dovii and this guy together (at the same time), and going to hope for the best. The male is wild, the female is F1 and just a tad larger than he is...I'll have to find a pic of the "lady"....

This picture really ***, but the batteries were dead the other night in my good camera and I was too lazy to run to the store

daint2003
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Saigon, Vietnam
You didn't lose any Red Devil, do you? I have kept them in 3 years, having some spawns (all inbreeding) without problem. I quit keeping them in group because I saw much fighting, threatening together. I think I will create a big tank someday and at that time, your information may help. Thanks
oconnordaithi
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 11 Sep 2005 Posts: 3 Location: Ireland
Hi Toureg I would be very interested to chat more about your experience with keeping Midas together in groups..... I have alot of experience myself and would love to swap a few story's...... my email is oconnordaithi@eircom.net.........