Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Flower Horn Cichlid & Hybrids  ~  WHAT IS A FLOWERHORN A HYBIRD OF?

shawnb269
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:12 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 17
WHAT IS A FLOWERHORN A HYBRID OF,AND CAN I PUT HIM IN MY TANK WITH MY MIDAS AND OSCAR.
sebastian
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
evry fh is a hybrid of different cichlid but generaly there always is trimac ,if you got big tank with decorations you can put fh with oscar and midas

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Saigon, Vietnam
Quote:
evry fh is a hybrid of different cichlid but generaly there always is trimac

Nowaday, FH which has much trimac appearance is no more interesting. Almost latest FH generations show up Texas pattern! That is what I have seen in FH market.
sebastian
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
but most fhs got black spots like trimac or lyonsi

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I talk about some latest FH generation I see nowaday as Red Texas, Red Monkey...having no black dots.
HighFive
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 43 Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Yes, flowerhorns are mixes of various different breeds and flowerhorns or luohans themselves. Three or more mixes is considered in the flowerhorn world a common FH.

As far as the Dark Spots (Commonly known as Flowers) hence the name Flower Horn as originated, there are many breeders that are breeding to exclude these flowers and breeding to produce specimens that are flowerless. An example of this is like that one I posted of the Malay GM/Kamalau which is full of pearling and deeper coloration. This type specimen has become the prized specimen in the hobby to attain. And yes, carpinte pearls are what is big as of the moment, many breeders are searching for that perfect Texas to produce Super Red Texas specimens.

HighFive Very Happy

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And yes, carpinte pearls are what is big as of the moment, many breeders are searching for that perfect Texas to produce Super Red Texas specimens

Yes, Texas is beautiful but I guess people like fish with big head so they hybrid it with Midas to create Red Texas! Can someone tell me if there is any change that pure Texas develops big nuchal hump?
HighFive
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 43 Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
I'm sorry my friend, but a Texas to a Midas does not create a Red Texas. Again, this is the major confusion that most people think they can create a Red Texas this way. This cross only creates a Golden Flowerhorn with diluted pearling and at that an orange specimen.

A Red Texas (RT) or Super Red Texas (SRT) is created using a Parrot (whether it be a blood parrot, marmon, darmo or King kong parrot) and crossing it to a Carpinte. And then the sort is crossed back to an even deeper red parrot. The contributing factor here is that you want to obtain a female parrot with a nuchal hump potential to a very nice Carpinte with a pretty decent nuchal hump or a good sized hump. This along with all research and members at FlowerhornUSA.com can give you great examples of the such. I hope this helps you with the correct information.

HighFive Very Happy

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote
have you ever seen hyrids of managuense or dovii with other cichlidi if yes post pics my jag in the past breed with festae but they had eaten the eggs and after i sold festae so there where no breeding