Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  What is the most aggressive?

bigk1980
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 7
I was wondering what do ya'll think is the most aggressive cichlids. I know everbody on this site including myself loves our midas, but is it the most agressive?

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
Probably Cichla's and umbee's

That is also due to their size. I have heard Convicts are really agressive but mine are cowards.
jaymes007
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 7 Location: Australia
i'd probably have to say the Buttikoferi. I own Red Devil, Red Terrors, Dovii, Jags, Blackbelts etc etc. and he is definately the baddest.
htn86
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:04 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 11 Mar 2006 Posts: 8
you guyz are both wrong....hands down arowana are super agressive. I've seen serious bite marks left by these guyz. I even saw one jumped out of the water to attack a kid who was looing at it. Is that why they are illegal in the US (The more agressive species)?
Azkhaeracan
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:38 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 24 Feb 2006 Posts: 36 Location: Finland
htn86 wrote:
you guyz are both wrong....hands down arowana are super agressive. I've seen serious bite marks left by these guyz. I even saw one jumped out of the water to attack a kid who was looing at it. Is that why they are illegal in the US (The more agressive species)?

Yes, but i think we were talking about Cichlids? Smile So the guys may be right.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 26 Location: Bowie, MD
I would have to say the Umbee.
sebastian
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
from my own experince i would say my oscar

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Saigon, Vietnam
Quote:

As I can see, Asian Arowana are illegal in some countries because this species is nearly extinct and is needed to protect. They are not aggressive at all but you are right at the point that they offen jump out the the tank.
htn86
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 11 Mar 2006 Posts: 8
daint2003 wrote:
Quote:

As I can see, Asian Arowana are illegal in some countries because this species is nearly extinct and is needed to protect. They are not aggressive at all but you are right at the point that they offen jump out the the tank.

Good job bro. I knew they were illegal in some countries, but had no idea it was because they are indangered of extinction. Since we're talking about cichlids, I'll change my answer to my flowerhorns. From my experience.
warren4066
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:52 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 29 Location: michigan
dovii and umbee's are the most aggressive. if you get them 99 out of 100 they will be aggressive.
Fish_King
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Posts: 69 Location: Sacramento,Cali.
hey hey hey......out of what i've seen....red devils will go at any fish and even try to come after u....luckily im not a fish myself Cool
Toerag
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 65 Location: North Alabama
In most cases...A full grown Male Dovii is the epitome of aggressive cichlids....Umbies and Red Devils are right up there at the top too but Red Devils don't grow as large in most cases....but, every fish's temperment is different...I have one very large Red Devil/Midas that is the toughest fish I've ever owned...but he's not a normal fish and is much larger than most reds get...even used to chase my large Dovii and H. Faciatus under rocks...but this is not what usually happens with most...a full grown H. Faciatus is a very tough fish....pound for pound (or ounce for ounce) however...a full grown male Zaliosum will pretty much kill anything it's own size....Dovii's get larger and as far as I know...they are the toughest when full grown....
Fish_King
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Posts: 69 Location: Sacramento,Cali.
HEY!...can anyone tell me or show me a pic of the list of fish here becuase i have never seen them only heard and would really like to know more becuz i LOVE aggressive fish.....heres the list:Umbies,Zaliosum,....thats its Very Happy
Cichlamaniac
Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 13 May 2006 Posts: 29 Location: FairField
Red devils r the most agressive in the central american country, the most aggrestive in all the world is the DOVII Twisted Evil

http://www.upload-images.net/imagen/d9a5aee706.jpg