Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  Which Is More Aggresive? FLOWER HORN or RED DEVIL?

Fish_King
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Posts: 69 Location: Sacramento,Cali.
I've always had this one lil "?" in my mind and i dont know where to get the answers becuz when i ask the pet stores they always say it depends....who do they think i am?...a kid?.....of course it depends on the fish.....but I just really wanna know if a FH or RD ismore aggressive if they were the same size? Confused
sebastian
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
i t is right that it all depends of many different things but from my own expeirence i would say flower horn especialy mine heheh Twisted Evil

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
lolz! sebastian....ur a funny guy?...umm u sound kinda smart hehe Very Happy ....one more lil "?"...dont take it as anything...im not gay or anything...but how old r u?....its becuz u sound like u know plenty of things abuot fish.............??????? Confused
daint2003
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Saigon, Vietnam
Hard to tell which is more aggressive between FH and Red Devil. I believe all large CA cichlids including FH are aggressive naturally. Yes, the aggression depends on every specimen but in my opinion, it much depends on how you take care of them! If your fish is given good food, large tank... then it will grow up, mature...then turn out aggressively!

One more thing, my fish FH or RD are not very aggressive. They bite me sometimes causing just scratchs but not bleeding. It may be because I like to keep them in pair or group.
htn86
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 11 Mar 2006 Posts: 8
It really depends what you mean by aggressiveness. If territorial then pretty much all south american cichlids are about the same. Especially FH and RD because some FH derrives from RD. If it's aggression towards human then it really depends. I've heard of FH owners taming their fish to the point where it plays and let their owner carry them out of the water with ease. So the answer is......IT REALLY DEPENDS on the personality of your fish and the way you raise your fish.
Fish_King
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:09 am Reply with quote
yea i THINK most fish are less aggressive when kept in groups...i like mines mean...so i keep them alone... =D
sebastian
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:13 am Reply with quote
i'm 19 years old maybe it is not to much but i've got my own experience,what i wanted to add is that for example the jags which are being kept in gruop when they are small are much more agressive than when they are alone especialy small jags 3 -4 cm they are just mega agressive but beetwen their selves

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote
ohh.....ok.....hey i just bought a FH today.....they supposedly call it a "Red FH".......it was $14.95..... it does look better than all the other small FH i've ever seen.....its body is really dark and it has a red tail and kinda red top fin....pretty cool....hey Sebastian....what kind of fish do u have? Razz
sebastian
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote
i got pair of flower horns but of low level of hybridisation i mean that they look more like trimac than fhs but they are fhs the male is 7 inches and female 5 ,i also have pair of jags male is 10 innches and female 7 ,and i have oscar male 9,5 inch ,and bullhead catfish 8,5 inches and fryes of jag and fhs

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 7
It is a flowerhorn hands down. One because it's a hybrid and it has all the aggression of all the fish it has been mixed with.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
Dont forget, most red devils on the market today are hybrids as well. Anyhow I would say (in general terms) the red devil. But then again I've seen some nasty Flower horns and Trimacs before too. Cool
Fish_King
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:49 am Reply with quote
ok....so i guess......they are just have the same level of agrression?......OH!...another "?" guyz....are wild fish more aggressive than inbred fish at the petstores??????????????? Confused
sebastian
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
sometimes for example green terrors from the iwld are more agressive than from the petstores

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
ohh....so then this time...it kinda depends i guess........i guess they can be like people....some r bullies and some r just nerds.....hhaa Very Happy
Cichlamaniac
Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 13 May 2006 Posts: 29 Location: FairField
you guys r dumb, the most aggresive is red devil!! not an opinion Twisted Evil

http://www.upload-images.net/imagen/d9a5aee706.jpg