Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  Which Is More Aggresive? FLOWER HORN or RED DEVIL?

sebastian
Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
you fink so beacuse you hadn't saw my fh he would stand against your rd and killed him easily

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
Cichlamaniac wrote:
you guys r dumb, the most aggresive is red devil!! not an opinion Twisted Evil

Although I would generally agree with you that they are generally more agressive then flowerhorns (even that is being very vague), it all depends on the fish.

I can tell you this right off the bat my friend, I've seen some bastard flowerhorns that were more agressive then most RD's I've kept and seen. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL FISH IN THE END....
golden_red_horn
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 12 Jul 2006 Posts: 10 Location: oxon hill maryland
um i kno this probaly wont help as much but my FH and RD have mated and now i have about a thousand fry do u kno wat they are going to be Laughing

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:25 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 94
Id say definitley a reddevil.flowerhorns dont have bad tempernents like reddevils.reddevils are bascially physchos
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:40 am Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
I'd say generally speaking, RD's are more agressive then flowerhorns. But when someone speaks generally, there are always exceptions to the rule. Imo the difference in agression between an RD and a FH is a thin one, at best.

I've seen several Flowerhorns that looked like they were possesed by Satan himself. LOL! Although I'd say RD's are usually slightly more agressive then flowerhorns, they really arn't that much different in terms of agression then RDs imo.

To this day, the meanest fish I've ever kept were a Midas Cichlid from Jeff Rapps and a Buttercofferi (african) from a local fish store. If you guys are ever looking for an alternative cichlid with just as much attitde as a RD/Midas, I'd get a Butticofferi. The may be african but they are the same exact temperment as Rd/Midas and they share (more or less) the same water characteristics as Red Devils.