Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  Question to any Zaliosum authorities...

Toerag
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 21 Dec 2005 Posts: 65 Location: North Alabama
I've been raising red devil complex species for over 35 years..(and other aggressive types), and, I feel as though I know an awful lot about most of them....not terribly familiar with the Chanchos or Hogaboomorous and not the Zaliosums....I have a Zaliosum I picked up from Rapps...can't recall whether it was a wild or an F1, but, I don't know a whole hell alot about them other than their demeanor is about like a Dovii...really aggressive and fearless....but this one is a male, very dark in color and has a red/rusty color, (very pretty) along his belly and bottom of gills....has anyone ever seen this coloration on an Arrow/Zaliosum before?...Here's a couple of pics....one when I first put him into the tank, (about 6 or 7 months ago..and one (poor pic) now....(click on the small recent pic to see the color)

warren4066
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 29 Location: michigan
have one just like that from rapps awhile ago...mean as hell...he's a punk, he''ll mess with other cichlidds three times as bigg...will peck on them then runaway like a chicken....very mean bastard. so far he's killed a jag....jumped over a divider...*** a whole lot and he's only like 4"
Death Angel
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 36 Location: Clarksville, TN
Keep that fish.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 14
my mated pair of zalios are SISSIES if I drop anything in the tank with them they go into hiding and what ever I have in there with them gets the run of the whole tank while the pair are hiding the ONLY aggression I've seen out of my zalios is when the male chases the female but as far as them being compared to DOVII'S mine would NEVER stand a chance with my ole 16in. male dovii I used to have
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
fwlion wrote:
my mated pair of zalios are SISSIES if I drop anything in the tank with them they go into hiding and what ever I have in there with them gets the run of the whole tank while the pair are hiding the ONLY aggression I've seen out of my zalios is when the male chases the female but as far as them being compared to DOVII'S mine would NEVER stand a chance with my ole 16in. male dovii I used to have

Hey are you the dude I was talking to a few months ago over at "Fumi's Aquarium" in Southern California? I appologise in advance if I'm wrong, but the dude I spoke too said he knew (and I think posted) about this website when we were discussing RD's and Midas cichlids.

Was that you man?

If not, I'm sorry. He said his screen name was something like yours. Sorry If I got them confused.
fwlion
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 14
nope wasn't me