Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  Female will kill male / they have fry ????

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
My midas pair with fry have a bad fight today. The female midas bite the male (larger) midas very bad. She try to kill him and after some minutes his fins split up and one eye is very big. He did not defend himself. I cath him and but him in a small plastic basket. They have kept their fry since 1 1/2 month. The male midas was very good to his fry and the babys follow him. The male fish have eat nothing since they spawn!

Please help me with your ideas Idea

thank you
sebastian
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:31 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
if i were you i would feed your malewand take the fry toother tank and put the male bvack tothe female and look what will they do of course i would heal your male
Anubisscott
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 24 Sep 2005 Posts: 26 Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Just seperate them and leave her with the fry. When they fry are large enough to be ok on their own, take them out. Put a divider in the tank and reintroduce them. When it looks ok, remove the divider. Male should be given time to heal. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ozzy
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
Anubisscott wrote:
Just seperate them and leave her with the fry. When they fry are large enough to be ok on their own, take them out. Put a divider in the tank and reintroduce them. When it looks ok, remove the divider. Male should be given time to heal. Wink

Ditto
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your postings! I separated my male from the aggressive female. I have only one tank and so my male tried to come back to his mad wife. Last night he broke the separation and swam back to wife and children. The female did nothing and now they are very peaceful.
Ozzy
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
Great news.

Here are plans for a DIY separator: http://oscarfish.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=468
boxhitter
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 69
Better news this will be more fitting for those larger cichlids....and its also a DIY:http://www.cichlidmadness.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3098