Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  question please

kluvsmidas
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:57 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 27 May 2006 Posts: 19
ok I have an almost fully grown male midas i have put many little goldfish, barbs and tertas in with him, I know laugh at that stupid idea, I didnt know he would eat them all!! Razz but what if I wanted to put a baby midas, would he think of it like a goldfish and eat it too??
Or would he be able to tell it was his kind n leave it alone? Can I put two midas in one 55 gal tank???
sebastian
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:47 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
i think that he shouldn't eat a small midas but i mean not so small that will fit in his mouth ,the other main problemis that the 55 gallon tank is too small for 2 midas or even one

Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 69
you could put a female in a 55gallon with alot of water changes. a male midas is much better off in a 75. And for your first ? he probly wouldnt eat it just kill it lol. how big is your midas 12+? because if he's not he's not fully grown! If you asked the second question because he's in a 55 move him soon*mad*. Mad
kluvsmidas
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I was givin a midas, if I didnt take him he was going to be thrown into a canadian river. When I got him he was about 9" in a 20 gal tank. I have put him in a 55 as soon as I got him, he has now grown to about 12 or a lil over. He seems ALOT happier in his 55 than the 20. Problem is the price of a 75 gal tank is a little outta my budget, so I have not much choice right now. I take it I cant put a friend in there with him????
thanks for the help guys...and dont be mad...better than the 20 gal or a canadian river right??? Razz
daint2003
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Saigon, Vietnam
Quote:
ok I have an almost fully grown male midas i have put many little goldfish, barbs and tertas in with him, I know laugh at that stupid idea, I didnt know he would eat them all!! but what if I wanted to put a baby midas, would he think of it like a goldfish and eat it too??
Or would he be able to tell it was his kind n leave it alone? Can I put two midas in one 55 gal tank???

Yes, I suggest you use a divider.
boxhitter
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:30 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 69
l in the us a 75 gallon tank and set up is only around 100 bucks more new. than a 55 gallon.
kluvsmidas
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
100 dollars for a 75 gal tank!!! WOW here in canada you are paying up to 600, used about 400!! its alot for a tank round here. I wonder if getting one online would be cheaper for me!?
sebastian
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
heheh in Poland 55 gallon tank cost something about 66 dolars,and 75 cost 95

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:43 pm Reply with quote
95 dollars, your talking poland money, right? I wonder if there would be cheaper way to get a tank from online than paying a 800.00 that including stand for a 75-100 gal tank. I would love that, need room for my fish and a friend for him! Anyone know where I could get a cheaper one?