Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  other American Cichlids  ~  important look in this topic

sebastian
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
i've got important question how to teach a cichlid to eat fishes i have a jag who was eating fishes in the past but now he doesn't wan't to do it healp me Exclamation
Ozzy
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
Try something new, like insects or pellets. Too many fish can harm your fish as its digestive system isnt made for specifically eating fish (fish that you give to your jag, probably have too much fat for its digestive system, it will not process the food) Pellets on the other hand, are perfectly balanced for your fishes optimum nutrition.
sebastian
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:03 am Reply with quote
but my jag was eating fishes in the past and now he doesn't want to do it the fishes which ifeed him aren't fat i had feeed him CARASSIUS AURATUS GIBELIO and he was lucky but after i stopped to feed him fishes and now he doesnt' want to eat carasius but for example my oscar ang flower horn eat carasius and other fishes
Ozzy
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Fish are a small part of the diet of Oscars, but that doesn't mean you have to feed them live fish. Typically, quality cichlid pellets will contain fish meal. Smile So feeding feeders on the basis it is part of their diet is a moot point since the pellets will cover this aspect of their diet. The only purposes feeder fish serve are entertainment for the person feeding them, and the possible introduction of disease/parasites.

As far as feeder goldfish go, they have a very high fat content and not all disease/parasites are eliminated via quarantine for two weeks. The only things you eliminate are the things that will kill the feeders within that two weeks. They also have a horrible taste
sebastian
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote
i just wanted to make the enviroment in the tank like in the nature my fishes eat only food from nature like insecst worms fihes frogs etc. i don't like to feed them non natural food i do it only in winter when i can't catch something alive i think taht fish which had been fed by other fishes is steronger has beautyfull colors an grow faster
Ozzy
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
That is a general misconception, feeding a fish that is not a dedicated piscivore fish will just make the fish fat slow and lethargic, not to mention the OVERWHELMING amount of diseases you can introduce to your fish.

Quote:
Each feeder fish is just another nail in your fish's coffin
sebastian
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
i can't agree because oscars just love fishes i was feeding them fishes by year and they always were full oh energy nad strenght they grew faster and everything was ok
Ozzy
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
They also die quicker Mad