Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  overcrowded?

carcekim
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 12 Jun 2006 Posts: 3 Location: holiday,florida
looking for a little advice.currently have a midas aprox. 8" been in my tank for aprox 2 yrs. Also have a dempsey aprox. 1" smaller than the midas and have had for almost equal amount of time.recently i added a small trimac 3" he seems to be doing well.besides these three i also have a small green terror(suprisingly holding his own)they are all in a 90 gal. tank. is this a recipe for disaster or can these guys stay together? as of right now there is very little aggresion in my tank actually its rather quite peaceful compared to my old african cichllid tank.any suggestions advice would be appreciated I've had africans for years but this is my first real try at S.American/C. American cichlids so far I am very impressed. Thanx Smile
Fish_King
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Posts: 69 Location: Sacramento,Cali.
i dont know man...usually when fifh grow up together....i think they get along more becuz they know who is king.... Very Happy ......so they dont mess with him....i think its "just" a lil crowded but i think u'll be just fine with it..... Confused
carcekim
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 12 Jun 2006 Posts: 3 Location: holiday,florida
fish king -thanx for responding. will just wait and see (i can always use an excuse to add a new tank to the collection) Wink
Fish_King
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Posts: 69 Location: Sacramento,Cali.
Very Happy
KingMidas
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 28 Jun 2006 Posts: 38
when the trimac and GT get bigger you might have some bad agressive issues but as fish king said you will be fine when the are smaller.