Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  rd problems

red_devil_man
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 94
I have a 5 inch rd in a 29 gallon.It was in a 75 gallon with a 6 inch oscar but the rd was to aggressive.So i put it back in the 75 gallon because my mom mad me.Time after time i tried introducing it to the 75 gallon but eventually i had to remove my reddevil from the 75.Would it be happy in the 75.It is a female rd.I thought about getting ita 46 gallon bowlfront or a 40 gallon would it be alright.Give some advice............or is there a way i could keep the rd and oscar together.I heard u could reduce aggression by rearanging the tank but help me out.[/img]
red_devil_man
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 94
can anybody help
LabRat
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 05 Aug 2006 Posts: 7 Location: Portland, OR
It's my understanding from talking with other RD owners on another site that if you want to keep an RD in a tank with other fish it needs to be 125 gallons or bigger. The other issue is Oscar's are not an aggressive fish. They will eat anything that fits in there mouth but that is as far as their agression goes. In a 75 gallon tank the RD will probably kill anything you try to put with it. As far as tank size goes a RD needs 55 gallons minimum tank size. But like I said this is info from other owners my RD is my first.
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
What's up Red Devil Man. I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to ask though. Yesterday, I bought 3 RDs and a Pleco to see if they would live with my RD. Those 3 Devils lasted about 5 hours. Only the pleco is left and I'm currently thinking about saving his life by giving him back as well. I swear he has only been left alone for 1 week and already he will not tolerate anything else in there with him.