Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  What are my chances of this working?

Cichlidfever
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Posts: 26 Location: Bowie, MD
I am thinking of attempting to raise a Midas, Festae, Haitiensis, and maybe 3 Convicts in a 300 gallon tank. I am thinking all males. This is just a show tank. I like the males because of the hump on their heads. I know that this is a risk, what do you think? Do I have a chance or is it impossible?
sebastian
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
i think that it would be possible but i would think about haitienis because i heard that they are extremaly agressive even more agressive than midas or festae
DetroitSterlingHeights
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I would get a female festae. She will look better than the male and male festaes tend to be very submissive and slow growing UNTIL they reach 10 inches or so. I think he would eventually kill everything. A one pound festae would tear up a two pound Midas - just my personal experience.
Cichlidae
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:11 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 21 Nov 2005 Posts: 71 Location: Peterborough Ontario Canada
I agree, to much agression in all those fish, females on the other hand MIGHT be do-able