Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  color-jaguar

f1shyl0ver
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:37 pm Reply with quote
POTM Team Leader Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 172
Jaguar,
I'm new to this mod thing I deleted your post accidently, there was two post, I thought deleting one would leave the other.
Sorry for that!
Give me a chance here Smile

Ok about your fish with the black on the edging of tail and fins, I very much doubt it to be fungus. Fungus usually appears in a white, slimy form.

How old are your fish (how big)

Sometimes with juvenile fish you dont see all their colors yet. Alot of fish only develope full color as they hit adolecent or adult hood!

How is there activity level? Eating well?
Also do you have water readings, I always ask this, in almost any situation, as it is one of the most important factors to fish keeping.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 05 Apr 2006 Posts: 15 Location: johannesburg South Africa
the fish are all about three inches. i am quite shure myself that it is not a fungus but i am curirous as to why three of the five began to develop the black edging and streaks at the same time. it seemed to spread like a diseases. they are all eating well and very active so there health is good. the water test perfect and i carry out a tweenty percent change every for days.
f1shyl0ver
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote
POTM Team Leader Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 172
Someimtes fish just grown into markings and coloring. It seems wierd that they all got it at the same time.

When you test your water how are your nitrates?
Keeping them under 20ppm is the best way to avoid stress-ilness.

Is there a possible way for you to post a picture of one of their tails or fins?

Does the color seem to be inside the tail and fin, or like something black is growing off of, and popping out of the tail or fins?With the spots developing quickly, I also suspect ammonia poisoning/burn. Check again and post me your water readings!