Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  Attention!!

Chago09
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 2 Location: Ontario
Ok I have 150 gallon tank and it is only housing a 11" O and a 5" Convict. I am dieing to buy a beauty 7" Midas at the LPS. Will this tank work???? some people say Oscar will die but some tell me that the 150 gallon will work fine??? Will the Midas kill both my oscar and my convict??? is there anyway I can make these three fish live together???
f1shyl0ver
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
POTM Team Leader Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 172
Well I dont want to tell you everything will be fine....because its always hard to know. You wont know till you try.

The problems I see with this is...What size is the midas you want to introduce to the tank? See being that you have an 11" oscar, if you put a juvenile Midas in there, it wont me the oscar getting hurt...Oscar will try to eat your midas (if small enough)

I have seen people with some strange mixtures but all are fine happy and healthy.

If you plan on trying this take these steps first...

Grow midas out at least to 3-5"

Befor adding Midas in, take oscar out for a few minutes re-arrange the tank decor (adding a hiding spot as well) Add Midas in first, then add oscar, sounds silly...but then you will have your oscar thinking he is entering the midas domain.

I can't tell you much about the con, I have never had one. You wont know till you try it!