Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  New here, My tank

1bad97svt
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 14
Hello everybody, I just got around to taking some pictures of the tank and thought I'd post some pictures of my fish. the tank is a 120 gallon 4x2x2, fish consist of a 3"+ green terror, 4" vieja synspilum, 8-9" Oscar,
3"+ jewel cichlid, and a 3"+ convict, I also have an amphilophus lyonsi that has evaded my every effort for a pic, he's about 2". A pleco and two syno cats make up the cleaning crew.... I'll post some better pics when I have more time, I also have a 57 gallon that I just set up... about six fish in there. More pics to come late night...

Wait, just got a couple of the lyonsi

sandtiger
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 22 Oct 2006 Posts: 7 Location: New York
Only the last two pictures worked for me. Confused Nice fish though from what I did see.
1bad97svt
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Here are a few more pics....the vieja synspilum has really grown rapidly in the last two months, considering they were all pretty small when i got them, the lyonsi has only been in the tank for around two months though and is the smallest in the tank, he or she manages to get along fine. The convict is actually around 3.5 and has great long fins. Needless to say the pictures don't do them justice imo.

Sandtiger, thanks? Wink

Ozzy
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
Nice fish and as I can see a Rena fan (Rena heater and filter Laughing ) I myself have an XP3 currently running on my 55gal tank

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
POTM Team Leader Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 172
Nice looking set up there! Smile

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Thanks! I've just recently gotten back into the New World cichlid hobby. When I was younger was when I first got into them and now more than 10 years later I'm back. The first pic is of my 120gal in the living room, the second is of the 57 in my bedroom, I snapped a couple of shots of the babies I got in there (still very small), amongst them are the red devil (my first RD ever) that is already proving to live up to his name giving everybody hell and the absolute psycho the blue speckled one aka carpintis escondido is 10x more aggressive and is shortly going bye bye. I would like the escondido in the 120 gal and he was until i got my lyonsi, very quickly the escondido was hell bent on murdering my lyonsi, considering I had to go to Austin to get the lyonsi I've made my decision. And ofcourse my pink convict, mother to my 15 baby convicts (less than an inch) in a 10gal. Also in the 57 gal is a vieja maculicuada, not pictured.

AJoscarLover
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 15 Feb 2006 Posts: 102 Location: Missouri
Red X's are all I see :dunno: