<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  check out my rd

red_devil_man
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 94
how is he lookin so far.

TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
Nice color bro. Is that the one you are finally going to keep? I got mad at my fish and hit the sides of the tank the other day cuz he is destroying the wall behind my tank due to all the splashing. I know, I have a bad temper... Crying or Very sad
g$$$
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 29
....and a bad attitude. Nice Midas, looks like a boy.
armac
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 10 Dec 2005 Posts: 40 Location: McAllen, Texas
TenaciousTankBuster wrote:
Nice color bro. Is that the one you are finally going to keep? I got mad at my fish and hit the sides of the tank the other day cuz he is destroying the wall behind my tank due to all the splashing. I know, I have a bad temper... Crying or Very sad

Uhhh buy a lid
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
armac wrote:
TenaciousTankBuster wrote:

Uhhh buy a lid

I have an acrylic tank bud, not glass. It only has a canopy with a light fixture which is basically the lid. The top of my tank has two holes on each side for powerheads and two long two inch wide slits for hang on the back power filters. Do you see why I am constantly getting water splashed all over my wall? There is nothing I can do but cover the openings with tape.

I guess I'll have to deal with it in the long run because I will never buy another Glass tank again. I dont like dealing with the hard water deposits and I enjoy the peice of mind of Plexi over glass. Not just in terms of weight, but in terms of having to worrry about leaks. The only downside of course is the fact that our favorite fish can scratch up the sides of our plexi glass pretty bad with their teeth. I guess that's just something I'll deal with.

Also armac, do you know if any of the new plexis are being made with a top with less holes for filters and such? Or can I just expect every tank having huge slits on the top for powerfilters and such? I'm asking because I'll be getting a 90 to a 115 for my RD/Midas before the end of the year.
See how basically the cover is the light fixtue? If I choose not to get a canopy with my new tank, is this my only alternative? In otherwords, is this still how covers for most plexi tanks are being made? Thanks!

red_devil_man
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 94
yes this is the devil ive decided to keep.he is a mean sucker to.