Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  User Photos  ~  14+ Inches and Growing!

HighFive
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 02 Dec 2005 Posts: 43 Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
New to the Site. I thought I would start off by showing some pictures of my Big 14+ Inch Midas and still growing. Do enjoy!

And one more:

Marc
Ozzy
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
That is a nice Midas you have.

Do you have more pics?
HighFive
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, it is currently around 15 1/4 inches in length and still growing everyday. He is very aggressive and eats a lot.

Marc

Last edited by HighFive on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
very nice midas just gorgeus what do you feed him is he eating fishes?????????

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't feed it live fishes as I have researched that many live specimens carry bacterium and parasites that can ultimately affect it. I try to feed it a variety of different feeds, some are purchased over seas and some here in the USA. I mix all my pellets and they include; Grand Sumo, Grand Sumo Red, Grand Omega Supreme, Grand Omega Supreme Red, Amazone, OSI Flowerhorn Pellets, New Life Spectrum, Tilapia growth pellets, Koi Wheat Germ Pellets for fiber, Hikari Cichlid Gold, and Alife Flowerhorn Pellets. And I like to feed them green peas, cucumbers, lettuce leaves, and every so often a few slices of oranges. They love the fresh vegetables and the occasional freeze dried bloodworms but everytime I open up the can I start sneezing uncontrollably. I think I may be allergic to the processing of the blood worms.

Marc Very Happy

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 308 Location: POLAND
i see that your fishes must be health ..only fault that you have allergic on blood worms Smile

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Retired Admin Joined: 15 Oct 2005 Posts: 508 Location: Nicaragua
HighFive wrote:
I don't feed it live fishes as I have researched that many live specimens carry bacterium and parasites that can ultimately affect it.

THANK YOU!

Now I will feel motivated when I post about this on other forums, most people dont even pay attention to what I say, atleast I know that some people listen(I used to feed my fish guppies sometimes, but at the end I thought to myself, that it wasnt worth it. [now I only feed deformed and older guppies that are reaching the end of their life and it would be better for them to die a quick and kinda peaceful way, although I avoid it]

Some guy at oscarfish.com once said: "each feeder fish is another nail in your fishes coffin"
ray
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 Nov 2006 Posts: 18
Yeeaaaaa! That pictures rocks - very clear! Your midas looks very powerful, great job! We need your midas in the midas-gallery on midas-cichlid.com Laughing
cich78
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 9 Location: new york
Highfive,for your midas you deserve a highfive Cool

He looks very well taken care of.

I like the variety of Prepared food and veggies that you are giving him and am now thinking about using those you listed that i have never tried.(which is everything except cichlid gold&OSI).I agree on not useing live food.
I am noticing that you are not including any frozen foods on the menu(krill,prawns,shrimp etc)Any special reason why?(are you concerned about pathogens in those as well) or just a preferance?

Any which way that is an Outstanding midas!
HighFive
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the compliments my friends. As for the question as to where I purchase my food through, usually I buy through some of our members that are sponsors on http://www.flowerhornusa.com

And also a direct link to http://www.grandsumo.com. If interested you are more than invited to stop on by and personally ask our members for a chance to purchase some from them directly. Many of our members have been truly helpful and likely to help others that need it.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
cich78 wrote:
Highfive,for your midas you deserve a highfive Cool

He looks very well taken care of.

I like the variety of Prepared food and veggies that you are giving him and am now thinking about using those you listed that i have never tried.(which is everything except cichlid gold&OSI).I agree on not useing live food.
I am noticing that you are not including any frozen foods on the menu(krill,prawns,shrimp etc)Any special reason why?(are you concerned about pathogens in those as well) or just a preferance?

Any which way that is an Outstanding midas!

Thank you very much for the comments, as far as food supplements, I don't like to feed anything that is alive due to the problems with bacteria and parasites. The same goes for frozen foods when you go to purchase at an LFS you may think the food is safe but I've also encountered spoiled foods this way. Now I'm not saying that all frozen foods are bad, just a personal preference that I try to stay away from.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
A. trimaculatum Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Posts: 14 Location: Indy
Spectacular looking fish! Definitely a Monster! Twisted Evil
boxhitter
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 69
i seen him on cm hes great i wish i had him
HighFive
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
You're right, I too am registered at CM and a bunch of other sites as well as moderator on http://www.flowerhornusa.com and http://www.th3wetspot.com. These places you will always find me throughout the day doing some research from work and home. My job is always never ending but I truly enjoy it. Thank you for the nice comments and I'm glad many members can appreciate a beast of a specimen.

Marc

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 21 Nov 2005 Posts: 71 Location: Peterborough Ontario Canada
Gorgous midas, it makes me wonder how big mine really is.......should i get a tape measure? Laughing