Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  my rd

red_devil_man
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quote
A. labiatus Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 94
my reddevil is 5 inches in a 29 gallon for now.I am working on a 75 gallon project for him.But right now he has a aquaclear filter(200) 50 gallon filter on the tank.With a hagen airpump giving good aeration.It will probaly be a couple months before i get the 75 gallon.does any body kno if he will stunt by then.

On my future 75 gallon i am planing on adding 2 aqua clear (200) 50 gallon filters on the side of it with sand for subtrate.if i do water changes with a siphon tube will it take sand out.I appreaciate any advice.

p.s im making the 75 gallon stand myself. Laughing
TenaciousTankBuster
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
A. lyonsi Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Posts: 154 Location: Los Angeles, California
GoodLuck with the stand man. I'm sure two more months isn't going to matter since he is only 5 inches. Giving him a 75 is probably the best thing you can do for him. Is it a male or a female? If you didn't find out yet, You could always bring him into a shop and have them vent him/her for you. That's what I did.

As far as your choice of filters go, AquaClear is a good choice, But Imo MarineLand Emporer Filters would be better mainly because of the biowheels. Let me know if you are intrested and I'll get a few links next time.

Goodluck with the new tank!