Amphilophus Forum and Midas Cichlid Forum Forum Index

<  Amphilophus (like Midas and Trimac) Talk  ~  lost color/canu help me find it?

carcekim
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 12 Jun 2006 Posts: 3 Location: holiday,florida
my midas used to have a lot of orange and lately all i see is white.i know some fish will lose color as they grow but this seems like more than that.Is there a particular diet that might bring his color back? currently i am feeding Hikari cichlid gold,hikari cichlid excel,spirulina flake,a wardley tropical flake,f.d. tubifex,and ocassionally shrimp pellets.all of this is on a regular rotation and i only feed twice a day so most food is given every other to every third day.this diet seems to work great for all my other cichlids(GREAT COLOR!!) what am I doing wrong for my midas? ( water quality is good 30% water change every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.)
daint2003
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quote
Advice Team Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Saigon, Vietnam
I think your fish is starting to change color and nothing can help to turn him/her back. However, white color is also very beautiful and other thing, you don't have to feed him with special food as Hikari any more!
KingMidas
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote
A. citrinellum Joined: 28 Jun 2006 Posts: 38
he is matturing and most fish do change colors.